COVID-19 Update and Cancellation Policy
The health and well-being of our associates and guests is our number one priority. We have worked hard to take proactive steps to ensure a safe and healthy environment. We continue to closely monitor the news of the novel Coronavirus (COVID-19) and we are active in communicating with the Town of Banff, Parks Canada, Banff Lake Louise Tourism and Banff Hospitality Association who are connected with Health Authorities and the Federal and Provincial Governments to ensure we are up to date on current information.
With consideration to the ever-changing restrictions around international travel, the Canadian Federal Government’s recent announcement regarding the border closing to international visitors beginning on Wednesday March 18, 2020, as well as the closing of borders around the globe and government imposed 14 day self-isolations; we understand the hesitation around travel and are here to assist you with any cancellations or postponements of your travel plans.
Primrose Restaurant: Closed until further notice
Eden Dining Room: Closed until further notice
Larkspur Lounge: Reduced hours
The Rimrock Spa & Fitness:
Rimrock Spa, Fitness Centre, Pool, Hot Tub, Sauna and Steam Rooms are CLOSED until further notice upon the mandate from the Province of Alberta.
Our Cancellation Policy:
The Rimrock Resort Hotel is committed to ensuring our customers experience flexibility during these challenging times. We are implementing the following policies:
• For existing individual reservations with an arrival date up to April 30, 2020 , we will allow full changes or cancellation without a charge up to 24 hours prior to arrival. Please note that any changes to existing reservations will be subject to availability and any rate differences.
• For guests making new reservations for any future arrival date, including reservations with pre-paid rates, between today and May 30, 2020, we will allow the reservation to be changed or cancelled at no charge up to 24 hours before your scheduled arrival date.* Please note that changes to the reservation will be subject to availability and any rate differences.
** Guests who booked via online travel agents or other third-party travel professionals are advised to contact their booking provider for information on their policies.
*** Important Information:
• Some exclusions may apply. May exclude periods with special event restrictions or peak demand weeks
• For individual reservations booked into a pre-existing group block, please refer to cancellation terms quoted at the time of reservation. For more information, please contact the group organizer or the hotel.
• For group organizer questions on terms and conditions of group contracts, please contact the hotel.
Our Commitment to Cleanliness:
We take standards for hygiene and cleanliness very seriously and are taking additional steps to ensure the safety of our guests and associates. On a daily basis, our hotel is working to ensure that we meet the latest guidance on hygiene and cleaning. Our hotel health and safety measures are designed to address a broad spectrum of viruses, including COVID-19, and include everything from handwashing hygiene and cleaning product specifications to guest room and common area cleaning procedures.
Associate Health, Safety and Knowledge:
Hotel associates – and their own health, safety and knowledge – are essential to an effective cleaning program. Here are some ways we are supporting them:
• Hand Hygiene: Proper and frequent handwashing is vital to help combat the spread of viruses. In our daily meetings, our teams are reminded that cleanliness starts with this simple act. It is important for their health and that of our guests.
• Ongoing Training: In addition to training on housekeeping and hygiene protocols, hotel associates are also completing enhanced COVID-19 awareness training.
• Real Time Information: The Rimrock Resort Hotel is connected with local and regional authorities and our leadership team is on call 24/7 to support our team and our guests.
Cleaning Products and Protocols: Our hotel uses cleaning products and protocols, which are effective against viruses, including:
• Guest Rooms: We use cleaning and disinfecting protocols to clean rooms after guests depart and before the next guest arrives, with particular attention paid to high-touch items
• Public Spaces: We have increased the frequency of cleaning and disinfecting in public spaces, with a focus on the counter at the front desk, elevators and elevator buttons, door handles, public bathrooms and even room keys.
• Back of House: In the spaces where associates work “behind the scenes,” hotels are increasing the frequency of cleaning and focusing on high-touch areas like associate entrances, locker rooms, laundry rooms and staff offices.
Information is of the up most importance when there is a scenario such as we currently have with Coronavirus (COVID-19). Our intention is not to make you fearful but remind that we all need to be responsible during this difficult time and take necessary precautions. The Alberta Health Authorities are understandably very busy, and they are asking for assistance if people feel they may be showing symptoms.
Below you will see a link /web address that provides a source for self-assessment.
Rimrock Resort Hotel